Week of Elimination Ends in Tears

Chris Salvador, reporter

This past week the men’s baseball team played three elimination games, but ultimately ended up short.

This week was very important for the Braves, each game was a win or go home. The team had a heartbreaking loss to the Bainbridge Spartans, which caused the Braves to end their season short.

On Monday, the 26th of April the Braves played the Seattle Prep Panthers in their first elimination game of the week. The game was a very close one, but thanks to a strong pitching performance by Jarek Woodward, the Braves defeated the Panthers 4-1 and eliminated Seattle Prep from the playoffs.

“ We had a lot on the line,” said sophomore Jarek Woodward “ So I played the very best I could”.

On Wednesday, April 28,the Braves lost to top seeded O’Dea High School, 13-3. The results of the game sent the Braves into the losers bracket, forcing them to play the West Seattle Wild Cats in the second elimination game of the week. The Braves had a strong offensive performance and walked away with a 8-2 victory over the Wild Cats.

“I was really proud of them when I heard they won” said junior Alex Plastino.

After the win over West Seattle, the Braves were now in the top 6 in the Metro League, with a chance at the state tournament. However, the stakes were high because if they didn’t make it, they would be eliminated. The Braves played the Bainbridge Spartans. The game was very close st the start, but the Spartans slowly started to pull away, and in the 6th inning they really started to separate from the Braves. Our squad lost 8-2. The season came to an end after that tragic loss.

“It was an incredible journey,” said senior captain Scott Yeung. “I am proud of myself, of my team, and of the two other captains.”

This marked the end of the season, but the Braves will pick up right where they started in the seasons to come.

Chris Salvador, Reporter

Chris Salvador, a Senior at Bishop Blanchet, is going into his first year being a part of The Miter staff. He is excited to begin his journey as a journalist and strengthen his abilities as a writer. Chris enjoys attending sporting events, and can be found in the stands of a Bishop Blanchet football or basketball game. He is a former cross country runner and football player who enjoys the time he spent with his friends. He is currently apart of the track and field team here at Bishop Blanchet and hopes to give it his all in his final year at Blanchet. It is a new year and new opportunity to be apart of something bigger, and The Miter is the place on where Chris has set his eyes. In this incoming 2017-2018 school year, Chris hopes to inform you anything and everything Brave related. Chris wishes to be more active in the Brave community, and help show the world what it’s like here at Blanchet.