New Kids on the Block

The Bishop Blanchet Miter takes an in-depth look at the 2019-2020 ASB

Liam Tracey, Reporter

This year’s ASB elections resulted in a team of five equally talented individuals with a unique set of strengths and interests.

Helena Dougherty is no stranger to leadership, as this is her fourth year of involvement in student government and was recently chosen to be the Girls Varsity Soccer Captain. On top of her sharp wit, Dougherty is regarded as one of the kindest and most outgoing presences at Bishop Blanchet.

Although Josh Marchand is new to student government, there is no doubt he is ready for the challenges for next year. As a drummer in the jazz band, marching band, as well a member of Stage Crew, Ping Pong Club and the Frisbee Team, Marchand has the experience to tackle Bishop Blanchet’s issues with a well-rounded approach.

Quinn Mackay can easily be spotted on campus for his many cat shirts. Coming into ASB after a year on class cabinet and hiking club leader, Mackay brings a unique and different approach.

“Every ASB needs someone like Quinn in order to function,” said Amelia Tiesi, current ASB Secretary.

Maliko Madden reeks of dedication and it is no surprise that he will be one of two co-presidents in the following year. Madden is a renowned figure in the halls of Bishop Blanchet for his incredible talent in performing arts through the drama department and Jazz Choir as well his complete dedication to his faith and his journey to priesthood. His hard work and talent he has displayed in leadership, the arts and his faith for the past three years will only continue as he works for the betterment of the school.

Lastly is the other co-president, Kate Yerkes, a three year veteran of both class cabinet and softball. Yerkes has a rare gift of being able to mix intelligence with vast emotional empathy and she is able to not only understand what others need and want but how to accomplish and obtain those things.

Family Photo: Josh Marchand, Quinn Mackay, Helena Dougherty, Kate Yerkes, and Maliko Madden come together as a unified team as they prepare for a new year.

It is unsure what exactly the 2019-2020 ASB will accomplish next year, but it is certain that there is a lot of talent in this group.