Brave Connection Perspective on Frosh Welcome

A+freshman+participates+in+the+icebreakers.+

A freshman participates in the icebreakers.

Natasha Kaimakis, Reporter

The freshmen are here.  The class of 2023 came to their new home in late August to learn about themselves, their peers and their class dance. 

Two hundred seventy freshmen from all over King County came to Bishop Blanchet for the Freshman Welcome. Junior Mentors Sara King and Kate Judy were there every step of the way. 

“This freshman class is full of excitement,” said King. “They mastered their class dance, welcomed everyone with icebreakers, and learned the ins and outs of the school through the scavenger hunt.” 

The freshmen learned all the dance moves to Footloose by Kenny Loggins.  It took them well over an hour to master all the steps. With the help of the mentors, the class of 2023 was well prepared to show off their skills to the entire school. 

“ The mentors had a lot of spirit this year,” said Judy, “and people were just more into it.” 

The freshmen were ecstatic about coming to their new school. They were filled with laughter while walking around the building. They were able to see where they were going to spend the next four years. 

“We were able to go around the school,” said, freshman Alex Good, “to know where the classes are.” 

The theme for the welcome was country and western. With their colorful shirts and high spirits, the freshmen welcomed high school with open arms.