Bishop Blanchet Braves Take Down Cleveland 

Ava Alan, Reporter

Starting November on a good note, The Bishop Blanchet Varsity Football Team won against Cleveland High School Friday night at Memorial Stadium on November 1st.  The fans had a beautiful view of the newly remodeled Space Needle as well as the new scoreboard. The Braves celebrated a win, 42-0. After losing the last couple of games, the Braves did not give up their hope and kept on fighting. “Cleveland was a win or go home so we had to come out hot. Plus we deserved it so much more than Cleveland,” said Senior Andrew Hollomon who had two interceptions during the game. Staying strong,  Junior Patrick Kane had two touchdown catches. The defense did not let Cleveland score. “We played hard through the whole game and I am proud of the boys for the hard work that we all put in during the game especially the defense not letting Cleveland get anyone by” said Senior Chris Dyckman. The Cleveland team was short players due to a previous game’s extracurricular activites, but the players that were there played with determination.  During the first quarter, Blanchet scored seven points. The two teams battled evenly during the second quarter with no score for either team. It was uncertain how it would go as the teams went to the locker rooms. However, the second half had Blanchet dominating throughout each play and parents and fans went crazy with emotion and support for the Braves. Third quarter was the big quarter with the Braves scoring twenty one points. Fourth quarter had another fourteen points added to the scoreboard for Blanchet.  The Brave’s side lines seemed extra large with the newly promoted freshman geared up on the sidelines of their first Varsity football game of their careers. The win over Cleveland gave the Braves their chance in the playoffs. The Braves will play Bethel High School on Saturday, November 9th.