Boys Basketball Season Opens With a Win

Ava Alan, Reporter

The Blanchet Varsity Boys Basketball team took on Bainbridge High School on Friday, December 6th for the first game of the season, it was a fast paced, aggressive game with Blanchet winning 45-44.

Returning seniors Ryan Moore, Jarek Woodward, and Matt Martin were ready to start off their senior year strong. Martin played good defense and took the ball to the rim a lot. Moore made 3 three point shots. 

“I am super excited for this season because the team is already super close and feeling confident,” said Moore. 

The team relationships are very strong this year with all the boys being close friends. Nine of the 12 boys have been playing basketball together since grade school. They spent time this past summer at basketball camps as well as warming up for the season at open gym this on said senior Jarek Woodward and have been looking forward to this for awhile”.

With the Braves feeling confident and full of energy for this season the games should be exciting and memorable.There are three games before Christmas including a home game against Nathan Hale on Tuesday the 17th and then the varsity team will head to California over winter break to play in The Rancho Mirage Holiday Invitational.