JV Basketball ends their season strongly against Lakeside

With the thrust of a ton of scoring, the JV team records their second most lopsided win of the year.

Abial Gebremedhin, Reporter

The JV basketball season has ended and they have had a solid but not amazing year, boast a record of eight wins and ten losses. 

The season started off with great anticipation, due to the overhaul of the entire coaching staff as well as the choice to only keep sophomores for the JV team. 

JV started with a four game winning streak against Bainbridge, Kamiak, Lincoln (Seattle), and Nathan Hale. but they had that streak broken by an eight point loss to Ingraham. After that game the JV team went from a 4 game winning streak to a 4-10 from January to February.

“We didn’t have the season we wanted this year, and it showed in our record,” said sophomore Petros Zecharias. “But I feel like we put all our effort on the court, and we will be a better team with more chemistry next year.”

The JV team did break their seven game losing streak against Lakeside, at home, with a score of 60-37

“I think that Lakeside game we all just were so hyped up because of how our last couple of games have gone,” said sophomore Kai Cyr, “That’s why we were just so hot and could not be stopped.”

The momentum of the last game of the season will hopefully propel the JV roster to a great season on Varsity next year.