Albes Excited for New Beginning at Blanchet

Cole Thomas, Reporter

A new school year symbolizes a new chapter in life for not only students, but also teachers. And who better to turn the page to a new chapter then a English teacher. For Mr. Thomas Albes, this new chapter begins with him in green and gold.

Albes was born and raised in Saint Louis, Missouri, and didn’t stray far from home after graduating high school. He went on to attend the University of Missouri- Saint Louis. Last June, Albes decided it was time for a change of scenery and headed out to the Pacific Northwest.

Albes is excited for this new chapter in his life.

“I didn’t really know much about Seattle before moving here,” said Albes. “So I applied to several teaching jobs across the area.”

However, after doing his research, one school stood out amongst the rest in the Emerald City.

“After researching several schools in the area, Bishop Blanchet moved to the top of my list for their dedication to educating young minds.”

Within the first week and a half at Blanchet, students and faculty have gathered for the Freshman Welcome, Mass of the Holy Spirit, and Fall Sports Assembly. These events are what make Blanchet such a special place, and the close knit community has caught the attention of Albes.

“I love being a part of the community that Blanchet offers,” said Albes. “I am able to teach and get involved even more which is extremely important to me”.

Along with the importance of community, Albes does have another passion, this one more obvious though. When asked what his favorite book was, he could not just state one. It’s like picking your favorite type of candy, they’re just all so good.

“This summer, I read a book called “The One Man” which I really enjoyed,” said Albes. “I am also a big fan of the Harry Potter series”. But his all time favorite book is John L. Parker Jr’s “Once a Runner”.

The Blanchet community is excited about the addition of Mr. Albes to our school. The future is bright for Mr. Albes, and many successful years await him on the corner of Wallingford and 85th.