Braves are on the Home Stretch for 2018

Cole Thomas, Reporter

The Bishop Blanchet track and field squad took their talents to Shoreline Stadium for their final invitational meet on Saturday, April 28th.  

On a day that was cool and drizzly, the Braves looked to their top athletes in both the mens and womens events to put green and gold on the podium.

The Men’s 110 meter hurdles saw junior Chris Frost post a 15.04, a new personal record, and finish in fourth. Frost also competed in the 300 meter hurdle, finishing eleventh with a time of 42.17.

Scott Rickels continued his impressive senior season by taking third in the shot put. Rickels tossed a 50-11.25 as the only Brave competing in the event.

Jimmy Navone posted a top 25 finish for the Braves in javelin, throwing a 125-07, his best of the season.

For the ladies, junior Abbey Remillard finished in the top 25 for high jump with a 4-06.00 jump. Remillard was tied for her top 25 placement with 5 other jumpers from several different schools, 2 of which set personal records.

Finally, senior Emma Flood ran a 5:35.10 in the women’s 1600 meter. Her time was enough to secure the 15th fastest out of 30 competitors.

The Braves are now readying for their final meet of the season against Nathan Hale and Ballard on May 3rd. With the conclusion of that meet, the regular season will be over, and the Blanchet Metro qualifiers will look to prove themselves against the league’s best.

The Hale/Ballard meet will begin at 2:45 at Nathan Hale High School.