Breaking News

What are you thinking?
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Seattle Kraken Embark on Third Year in the NHL

Isabelle Figueira

On Monday, September 25th, the Kraken kick off their third season with a preseason game against the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome. 

With two years under their belt, the Kraken are looking good this year. Familiar faces such as Phillip Grubauer, Brandon Tanev, and Matty Beniers will be hitting the ice for another year. There will be some new faces on the rink this year such as Brian Dumoulin who signed a two-year deal with the Kraken on the opening day of free agency and Eduard Sale who was the 20th overall pick in the draft.

The future is looking bright for the Kraken as they made the playoffs in their second year in the NHL last year with a regular season record of 46-28-8 and a record of 53-35-8 including the playoff season. The Kraken’s outstanding performance last year has fans excited for the year ahead.

“I’m excited to watch the next season,” said German teacher Frau Willoughby. Willoughby went to a Kraken game last year with a group of faculty members that included Mr. Shea from the tech department. She remembers the game as being “very loud, and kind of crazy.”

The Kraken’s future is looking bright this year, and we should all be eager and excited to see the Kraken thrive for yet another year.