House Party App Takes FaceTime to the Next Level

Samantha Conroy, Reporter

On May 21st 2016, the app “House Party” became available on the Apple Store. Over the past several months, the app has been constantly improved and updated by it’s creator, Alexander Herzick. The most recent version of the app, updated on September 15th, 2016, has been a hit for the students at Bishop Blanchet.

This app allows you to video chat live with up to 9 other people, unlike FaceTime where only two people can chat.

“I love this app!” Said senior Ashley Moriarty. “When I need help with homework, this app really comes in handy because I can ask multiple people the same question and we can work it out as a group.”

The app has an average rating of six out of six stars on the Apple Store, and has gotten in the top 50 “Best Free Apps” chart of the App Store.

“I’m really happy this app has caught on. It’s definitely way more fun than FaceTime because it’s fun to surprise yourself and go on the app randomly to see who’s there to chat with,” said senior Tommy Kane. “It’s also safer than any other online chat because you can choose to accept or decline people’s friend requests in the app.”

This app is free on the App Store and is available on both the iPad and iPhone. Grab some friends and let’s House Party

This app is free on the App Store and is available on both the iPad and iPhone. Grab some friends and let’s House Party!