Ms. Rabe: a Fresh Face to the Brave Community

Natalie Stanfield, Reporter

A fresh face to the Blanchet community, student counselor Ms. Rabe is more than her caring personality and educational skills; she is avid lover of swimming.

“I love swimming,” says Ms. Rabe “I was always an active swimmer”.

Ms. Rabe’s first job was in high school as a lifeguard at Cottage Lake Pool. She explains how teaching swim lessons perfectly combined her love of swimming and educating others. She especially loved her job in the summers and eventually so much, she worked her way up to managing the pool located in Woodinville.

“I went back to get my school counseling degree because I loved helping students on a deep, more intimate level than I got in the classroom”.

As a part of her journey to become a counselor, Ms. Rabe worked in various places such as a facility home for abused youth in Renton and a low income, high-needs school. Through these jobs and past experiences, Ms. Rabe felt a calling to help students more personally.

Ms. Rabe says, “Helping kids succeed, helping them with their issues whether they’re struggling socially or emotionally, means alot to me”.

Ms. Rabe loves her job as a student counselor. She sees the value in the internal health of the student body as she provides an open ear and advice to all students.

Blanchet has welcomed Ms. Rabe with open arms. She says, “I really can’t complain about anything here, the staff is incredibly friendly,” and she goes on to say the Braves are the “most polite students I have ever dealt with”.