Bishop Blanchet JV Boys Basketball Team Coming up Clutch

Jonathan Woolsey, Reporter

The Bishop Blanchet Boys JV basketball team is off to a 2-1 start to the season. They started out shaky with a 59-44 defeat against Kentwood but have now bounced back with two close games against Bainbridge Island and Ballard, winning both.

“We came out really strong after our first game,” said Sophomore Guard Austin Parker. “We played poorly against Kentwood, but we did really well against Bainbridge and Ballard. Our guys are really resilient.”

The team played Kentwood at home and lost, but they put it behind them and have since played two great games at Bainbridge and at Ballard. Both games were won by two points. These close games will help them deal with pressure when games get tight and they have to deal with adversity.

“As long as we keep playing like a team,” said Sophomore Guard Jonathon Desta. “We can continue to improve on our defense, and we should end the season with a record we can be proud of.”

The team has played well on the defensive side of the ball and if they can keep that up they will be able to shut down opposing teams and be a force to be reckoned with down the stretch.

“Our team continues to grow,” said Sophomore Center Andrew Simmons. “We get better and better as a team every day. We came out and beat a Ballard team full of upperclassmen which was really impressive. We are a great team and will only get better.”